A maximum of 30 minutes will be allocated for members of the public to speak on any community matter. Any member of the public wishing to ask a question should submit their question to the Clerk by 12 noon on the day of the meeting.
Email: Clerk@whitehouse-cc.gov.uk. Tel: 07743 916196
Members of the Public can join the meeting via Teams:
Meeting ID: 337 858 270 368 Passcode: wsojQP
The meeting will be recorded and may be published on the Council’s website.
- WELCOME – The Chair to welcome all to the meeting and introduce Councillors present.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – To accept apologies for absence that have been submitted to the Clerk, prior to the start of the meeting.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS – Councillors to declare any personal or prejudicial interest they may have in respect of any items on the agenda.
- MINUTES – To approve, and the Chair to sign as a correct record, the minutes of an Ordinary meeting of the Council, held on 12 September 2023. 2023-10-12_DRAFT MINUTES
- NEW COMMUNITY FACILITIES – To discuss the progress of community facilities in the area. Paul Van Geete (Milton Keynes City Council) will be present to support some of the discussion: 2023-11-16_ITEM05_NEW COMMUNITY FACILITES
- Allotment Site – to receive an update on the progress of the new site and to agree the date plot holders may access their plots.
- Community meeting Place – to receive a progress report and consider next steps.
- Temporary Shop – to receive an update on the progress of the planning application and next steps.
- Grit Bins – to receive an update on the installation of 5 grit bins in the area.
- Dog Bins – to receive an update on the installation of dog bins.
- Defibrillators – to receive an update.
6. MAINTENANCE OF PUBLIC AMENITY LAND AND OPEN SPACE – To discuss maintenance issues in the area and to provide any updates.
7. DECISIONS MADE UNDER THE COUNCIL’S ADOPTED SCHEME OF DELEGATED AUTHORITY – To accept the decisions made between this and the previous meeting.
8. EVENTS – REPORTS AND UPDATES
- Diwali Celebration – Saturday 11 November 202
- Christmas Celebration – Sunday 10 December 2023;
9. PROPOSED REVISIONS TO WEA TOWN CENTRE AND WHITEHOUSE SOUTH (AREA 10) DESIGN CODES – The Council to receive the proposed revisions to the Whitehouse Town Centre and Area 10 design codes and the comments received by Milton Keynes Council that has informed the revisions. The Council is invited to comment on the revisions and submit any comments or observations by Monday 20 November 2023. 2023-11-16_ITEM09_PROPOSED REVISIONS TO WEA TC AND WEA WHITEHOUSE SOUTH DESIGN CODE 2023-11-16_ITEM09_PROPOSED REVISIONS TO WEA TC AND WHITEHOUSE SOUTH DESIGN CODES_COMMENTS Whitehouse Town Centre Design Code – October 2023 Whitehouse Design Code
10. MILTON KEYNES CITY CUNCIL CONSULTATION – PROPOSED CHANGES TO COUNCIL TAX – LONG TERM EMPTY PROPERTIES AND SECOND HOMES – The Council is invited to comment on Milton Keynes City Council’s consultation on its proposal to change Council Tax charges on long-term empty properties and second homes and the impact this may have on Town & Parish Council precepts. The deadline for comment is Tuesday 28 November 2023. 2023-11-16_ITEM10_MKCC CONSULTATION – COUNCIL TAX – LONG TERM EMPTY HOMES AND SECOND HOMES 2023-11-16_ITEM10_MKCC CONSULTATION CABINET REPORT ANNEX 1 2023-11-16_ITEM10_MKCC CONSULTATION CABINET REPORT ANNEX 2 2023-11-16_ITEM10_MKCC CONSULTATION CABINET REPORT ANNEX 3 2023-11-16_ITEM10_MKCC CONSULTATION CABINET REPORT ANNEX 4
11. FINANCE 2023/2024
- Authorisation of Payments
- Council Budget Report 2023/2024
12. COUNCIL BUDGET 2024/2025 – INITIAL DISCUSSIONS – To discuss activities and projects for 2024/2025 that may have an impact on the Council budget 2024/2025. Comments will inform a progressed council budget 2024/2025 at the Council Meeting in December 2023.
13. DRAFT INVESTMENT STRATEGY – To adopt an investment strategy that will inform how the Council may invest its reserves. 2023-11-16_ITEM13_DRAFT INVESTMENT STRATEGY
14. FINANCIAL THRESHOLDS – QUOTES, INVITATIONS TO QUOTE AND TENDER – To implement financial thresholds that would trigger quotes, a larger quote process (ITQ’s) and tenders (ITT’s) 2023-11-16_ITEM14_DRAFT FINANCIAL THRESHOLDS – QUOTES-ITQS-ITTS
15. INVITATION TO TAKE PART IN D-DAY 80 – 6 JUNE 2024 – To consider taking part in D-Day 80 on 6 June 2024. 2023-11-16_ITEM15_INVITATION – D-DAY 80 – 6 JUNE 2024
16. PLANNING APPLICATIONS – The Council is asked to consider making comment to Milton Keynes City Council on the planning applications below:
- Application 23/02347/DISCON – WEA Area 10-1 – 10-3 Watling Street H3 to H4 – Approval of details required by Condition 8 (LMMP) and Condition 11 (SuDs Maintenance Plan) of permission ref: 22/02322/REM.
- Application 23/02437/HOU – 12 Berrenda Avenue, MK8 1DZ 1DF – Conversion of the existing garage into a habitable living space with shower room and the erection of a garden gate to the existing fence.
- Application 23/02512/DISCON – Land off Watling Street (V4) Parcel W WEA (‘Fairfield’ – Areas 10.1 – 10.3) – Approval of details required by Condition 29 (Boundary Treatment Plan) of permission ref: 05/00291/MKPCO.
- Application 23/02509/DISCON – Land off Watling Street (V4) Parcel W WEA (‘Fairfield’ – Areas 10.1 – 10.3) – Approval of details required by Conditions 31 (Vehicle Wheel Cleansing Facilities) and 32 (CEMP) of permission ref: 05/00291/MKPCO.
- Application 23/02509/DISCON – Parcel W Land off Watling Street (V4) WEA (‘Fairfield’ – Area 10.1 – 10.3) – Approval of details required by Condition 16 (Drainage Details) of permission Ref: 05/00291/MKPCO.
- Application 23/02516/DISCON – WEA 10.1 – 10.3 Watling Street H3 to H4 – Approval of details required by Condition 22 (Ground Contamination), 23 (Soils Action Pla), 26 (Landscape Protection Action Plan), 31 (Wheel Cleaning) and 32 (CEMP) of permission ref: 22/02322/REM.
- Application 23/02511/DISCON – Parcel W WEA Area 10.1 – 10.3 Watling Street H3 to H4 – Approval of details required by Condition 26 (Tree Protection and Survey) of permission ref: 05/00291/MKPCO.
- EXCLUSION OF THE PUBLIC – In accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Members) Act 1960, the Council to resolve to exclude the press and public for Agenda Item 16 (NJC Pay Award 2023/2024) as the Council is likely to discuss personal financial award to staff, of which such published information could potentially constitute a data protection breach.
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT PAY AGREEMENT 2023 – The Council to accept the Local Government Pay Agreement 2023 of a flat rate increase of £1,925 to be paid as a consolidated, permanent addition to all NJC staff on pay points between 2 to 43 inclusive (Confidential Item).