WELCOME AND PUBLIC FORUM
A maximum of 30 minutes will be allocated for members of the public to speak on any community matter. Any member of the public wishing to ask a question should submit their question to the Clerk by 12 noon on the day of the meeting.
Email: Clerk@whitehouse-cc.gov.uk. Tel: 07743 916196
Members of the Public can join the meeting via Teams:
Meeting ID: 365 885 251 562
This meeting will be recorded and may be published on the Council’s website.
The Chair to welcome all to the meeting and introduce Councillors present.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To accept apologies for absence that have been submitted to the Clerk, prior to the start of the meeting.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS
Councillors to declare any personal or prejudicial interest they may have in respect of any items on the agenda.
To approve, and the Chair to sign as a correct record, the minutes of an Ordinary meeting of the Council, held on 14 December 2023. 2023-12-14_DRAFT MINUTES
- COMMUNITY ACTION MK
Community Action MK will be giving a brief presentation on the work it undertakes to create strong and resilient networks through the provision of support and promoting community development. The organisation can help with setting up groups and provide advice and support with volunteering as well as helping resident have a voice to help shape their community.
- NEW COMMUNITY FACILITIES
To discuss the progress of community facilities in the area. Paul Van Geete (Milton Keynes City Council) has been invited to the meeting to provide an update and progress report on:
- Allotment Site
- Community Meeting Place
- Temporary Shop
- MAINTENANCE OF PUBLIC AMENITY LAND AND OPEN SPACE
To discuss maintenance issues in the area and to provide any updates.
- DECISIONS MADE UNDER THE COUNCIL’S ADOPTED SCHEME OF DELEGATED AUTHORITY
To accept the decisions made between this and the previous meeting.
- EVENTS IN 2024
The Council to set dates for events in 2024 and establish Working Groups. 2024-01-18_ITEM09_EVENTS 2024
- COMMUNITY CENTRE HIRE RATES AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Council to receive the Community Facilities recommendations from the Community Facilities Working Group’s recommendations on the new Community Centre’s Hire Rates and Terms & Condition of Hire.2024-01-18_ITEM10_DRAFT CMP TERMS OF HIRE (SINGLE-OCCASIONAL HIRERS) 2024-01-18_ITEM10_DRAFT CMP TERMS OF HIRE (REGULAR HIRERS) 2024-01-18_ITEM10_DRAFT CMP RATES OF HIRE
- MK PLAY ASSOCIATION SUMMER PLAY SESSIONS
To consider cost and dates for summer play sessions 2024. 2024-01-18_ITEM11_MKPA SUMMER PLAY SESSIONS 2024-01-18_ITEM11_MKPA SUMMER PLAY SESSIONS_BOOKLET
- COMMUNITY INFRASTRUCTURE FUND (CIF) – ADDITIONAL PLAY EQUIPMENT AT WHITEHOUSE PARK
The Council has been asked by Milton Keynes City Council if it wishes to take up the offer of Community Infrastructure Fund monies of £15,000 match funding for additional play equipment at Whitehouse Park. 2024-01-18_ITEM12_CIF APPLICATION 2023-2024 2024-01-18_ITEM12_CIF APPLICATION 2023-2024_ANNEX 1_PLAY EQUIPMENT 2024-01-18_ITEM12_CIF APPLICATION 2023-2024_ANNEX 2_PLAY EQUIPMENT LOCATION
- INFORMATION COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE (ICO) – APPOINTMENT OF A DATA PROTECTION OFFICER (DPO)
The Council to consider appointing a named Council DPO.
- DRAFT PUBLICATIONS SCHEME
The Council to adopt a publications scheme, to fulfil a requirement to publish details of where the Council’s information can be found. 2024-01-18_ITEM14_DRAFT PUBLICATION SCHEME
- INVESTMENT STRATEGY
To adopt an investment strategy for the remainder of 2023/2024. 2024-01-18_ITEM15_DRAFT INVESTMENT STRATEGY
- FINANCE 2023/2024
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS
The Council is asked to consider making comment to Milton Keynes City Council on the planning applications below:
- Application 23/02627/FULM – Land South of Calverton Lane and West of Watling Street, WEA – Variation of conditions 1 (Approved Drawings) and 11 (Landscape Compliance) of permission ref 21/03106/FUL seeking amendments to the number of external window and door positions and landscaping plans to include soft play and approved LEMP and SuDS features relating to the construction of a 630-place primary school and 39-place nursery (Reg 3 Development) with associated accesses, vehicle parking, landscaping, sports pitches and other external works.
- Application 23/02864/DISCON – Land off Watling Street (V4) WEA (‘Fairfield’ – Areas 10.1-10.3) – Approval of details required by condition 29 (Boundary Treatment Plan) of permission ref 05/00291/MKPCO.
- Application 23/02895/DISCON – Land off Watling Street (V4) Parcel W, Areas 10.1 – 10.3) – Approval of details required by Condition 16 (Drainage Details and Maintenance Plan) of permission ref 05/00291/MKPCO.
- Application 23/02905/DISCON – WEA Area 10.1 Parcels P and V – Approval of details required by condition 3 (Landscaping and LMMP), 8 (Garden Areas) and 9 (Communal Gardens – flats) of permission ref 22/02373/REM.
- EXCLUSION OF THE PUBLIC
In accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Members) Act 1960, the Council to resolve to exclude the press and public for Agenda Item 16 (NJC Pay Award 2023/2024) as the Council is likely to discuss personal financial award to staff, of which such published information could potentially constitute a data protection breach.
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT PAY AGREEMENT 2023
The Council to accept the Local Government Pay Agreement 2023 of a flat rate increase of £1,925 to be paid as a consolidated, permanent addition to all NJC pay points 2 to 43 inclusive. Pay to be backdated from 1 April 2023.