A maximum of 30 minutes will be allocated for members of the public to speak on any community matter. Any member of the public wishing to ask a question should submit their question to the Clerk by 12 noon on the day of the meeting.
Tel: 07743 916196
Members of the Public can join the meeting via Zoom – Meeting ID: 960 1627 5295 Passcode: 002991
The Chair to welcome all to the meeting and introduce Councillors present.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To accept apologies for absence that have been submitted to the Clerk, prior to the start of the meeting.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS
Councillors to declare any personal or prejudicial interest they may have in respect of any items on the agenda.
To approve, and the Chair to sign as a correct record, the minutes of an Ordinary meeting of the Council, held on 20 July 2023. 2023-07-20_DRAFT MINUTES
- COMMUNITY SPEEDWATCH
Keith Wheeler (Road Safety Officer, Milton Keynes City Council) will be attending at the meeting to provide a presentation on the Community Speedwatch Scheme and the equipment needed to take part. 2023-08-17_ITEM05_COMMUNITY SPEEDWATCH
- NEW COMMUNITY FACILITIES
Paul Van Geete (Milton Keynes City Council) will be attending the meeting to give an update on the progress of community amenity provision in the Whitehouse area, including the new Community Meeting Place, the new Allotment Site and the Temporary Shop.
- MAINTENANCE OF PUBLIC AMENITY LAND AND OPEN SPACE
To discuss maintenance issues in the area and to provide any updates. A representative from L&Q Estates has been invited to the meeting.
- DECISIONS MADE UNDER THE COUNCIL’S ADOPTED SCHEME OF DELEGATED AUTHORITY
To accept the decisions made between this and the previous meeting.
- NOMINATED CHARITY 2023/2024
The Chair to nominate her charity for 2023/2024.
- COMMUNITY INFRASTRUCTURE FUND 2024/2025
To consider potential projects in 2024/2025 that could benefit from match funding from Milton Keynes City Council. The deadline for applications is 31 August 2023.
- ALLOTMENT – MAINTENANCE CONTRACT
To consider the recommendations of the Allotment Working Group and agree:
- The length of the contract
- The Invitation to Quote (ITQ) document, including the price/quality ratio and the quality criteria and scoring mechanism.2023-08-17_ITEM11_ALLOTMENT SITE MAINTENANCE – ITQ
- 12. MK CAN – INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE
The Council to consider joining with MK Food Bank to break the world record for the longest continuous line of cans of food which will go to the foodbank to assist with the Winter shortfall. The Milton Keynes target is to collect 132,000 cans (10) km. Each participating organisation would attempt to collect 350 cans of food. The attempted line will take place on 16 October 2023. 2023-08-17_ITEM12_MK CAN PARTICIPATION
- WORKING GROUPS
- Christmas Celebration Working Group – To formally constitute the Group.
- Membership of Established Working Groups – To review currently active Working Groups and to review membership.
- Internal Communications – To consider how the Council would prefer to use the different communication channels available.
- Social Media – To consider how the Council would prefer to interact with residents on social media.
- ADDITIONAL DOG BINS
To consider the provision of additional dog bins in the new areas of Whitehouse and when to provide them. 2023-08-17_ITEM15_DOG BIN REVIEW
- LOCATION OF NOTICEBOARDS
To review the location of the Whitehouse Community Council noticeboards and consider there are sufficient number in the parish.
- FINANCE 2023/2024
- Authorisation of Payments
- Council Budget Report 2023/2024
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS
The Council is invited to comment on the following planning applications, which can be viewed in more detail on Milton Keynes City Council Planning Portal.
- Planning Application 23/01597/DISCON – Parcels Q&R WEA Area 10-1 to 10-3 Watling Street H3 to H4 – Approval of details required by Condition 16 (Drainage) of permission ref: 05/00291/MKPCO
- Planning Application 23/01716/DISCON – WEA Parcels 10.3E (Parts 1 & 2) and 10.3F (Parts 1&2) Watling Street H3 to H4 – Approval of details required by Condition 7 (Landscaping Scheme) of permission reference 15/02630/REM.
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT (Miscellaneous Provisions) ACT 1982 – BOROUGHWIDE STREET TRADING CONSENT
The Council is invited to comment on the following Street Trading License Application:
Applicant: MK Ices
Type: New application
Details: 1 ice cream van (Vehicle Reg: DK13 FFJ)
Proposed Trading Times: Monday to Sunday 15:00 to 18:00
Deadline for Comment: 7 September 2023
Boroughwide consents allow for no more than 20 minutes trading in any 100 metre part of any one Consent Street on any one day.